- Direct Drive means that the 6th gear has a 1:1 ratio (for 1 revolution of the input shaft, the output shaft turns 1 revolution) which is the same as an OE 5 speed
- By including a 28 tooth compensating sprocket and a longer primary drive chain, the overall drive ratio is exactly like a .86:1 overdrive 6th gear but with the 99% mechanical efficiency of a 1:1 ratio drive
- All gears are finish ground on diamond coated tooling after heat treating to produce a super fine surface for holding exact tolerances and eliminating gear mesh noise
- Chrome plated access door
- Fourth, fifth and sixth gear sets have helical cut gear faces to further reduce gear noise
- One piece design of the countershaft and sixth gear eliminates the weak point found in the OE transmission
- Redundant (roller and plunger type) shift drum detents for positive neutral finding
- Anti-overshift inner transmission linkage with improved shape return spring for dependability
- The 28 tooth compensating sprocket yields 14% more starter motor torque to the engine
*** PLEASE NOTE: This image may not exactly match the item listed. This image maybe a manufacturer's photo and is meant to be representative of the item listed. Some images may show accessories that are not included with the product.
If you have any questions about this item, or shipping charges please call us at 314-631-1300. Or email us.
We are open Tuesday thru Friday 9am to 6pm and Saturdays 9am to 4pm.
Rich’s Cycle Center
We can ship anywhere in the world . . . . . .
Check out our Engine Rebuild Page, Bike Kits, Engines and Transmission Pages.
Rich's Cycle Center Has Lower Overhead which Means Lower Prices for You!!
45 Years of Quality Service and Owning Rich's Cycle Center Location,
Lock Stock and Handlebars, Enables Us to Pass Additional Savings on to you
"Our Valued Customers"
Our Website http://richscyclecenter.com
Also like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/richscycle